- How to Joomla!
- Joomla! Tutorials
How to install and using Joomla!
The Joomla! Project is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Joomla 3.0.0. This is the next major release of the Joomla CMS in the Standard Term Support (STS) track. All 3.0 users will need to plan to update to the new versions available in the STS release cycle every six months until version 3.5 is released. These updates are expected to be simple and backwards compatible.
A user is a person (or group of persons) who has authenticated itself by providing the registration data you requested. Normally, you create user accounts in order to grant access to exclusive parts of your site or allow your visitors to post their content.
In some cases it may not be possible to use the Extension Manager: Update method to update your site. One reason for this might be that you are using a non-standard distribution (for example, a distribution with a different default language installed). Another reason might be that your don't have a reliable enough internet connection to support automatic installation.
Upgrading a live website is not something to be undertaken lightly so please read the Upgrade Instructions carefully. The instructions may appear complicated because there are many different configurations that need to be considered, but we have tried to write them so that you need only select a single path from the many available depending on your particular circumstances.
Page 1 of 4
Popular articles in this category
- How to install Joomla! 1.7 or 2.5 update package
- How to display a Menu on the Front Page in Joomla! 1.5?
- How to change Joomla! Admin password?
- How to install Joomla! 3.0 on localhost
- How to edit site template in Joomla! 2.5
- How to add a Menu Item in Joomla! 1.5?
- How to addding a new User in Joomla! 1.7 - 2.5
- How to restore a menu item has been deleted?
- How to install Joomla! 2.5 on localhost?
- How to create a Menu in Joomla! 1.5?