In some cases it may not be possible to use the Extension Manager: Update method to update your site. One reason for this might be that you are using a non-standard distribution (for example, a distribution with a different default language installed). Another reason might be that your don't have a reliable enough internet connection to support automatic installation.
Upgrading a live website is not something to be undertaken lightly so please read the Upgrade Instructions carefully. The instructions may appear complicated because there are many different configurations that need to be considered, but we have tried to write them so that you need only select a single path from the many available depending on your particular circumstances.
Joomla! 1.7 is a new version of Joomla! with many changes and improvements. With Joomla 1.7 the user community placed a large emphasis on making the CMS installation process as simple as possible and new versions more frequent.
Joomla! 2.5 is a new version of Joomla! base on Joomla! 1.7 with many changes and improvements. With Joomla 2.5 the user community placed a large emphasis on making the CMS installation process as simple as possible and new versions more frequent.
- How to install Joomla! 1.7 or 2.5 update package
- How to change Joomla! Admin password?
- How to display a Menu on the Front Page in Joomla! 1.5?
- How to install Joomla! 3.0 on localhost
- How to edit site template in Joomla! 2.5
- How to add a Menu Item in Joomla! 1.5?
- How to addding a new User in Joomla! 1.7 - 2.5
- How to restore a menu item has been deleted?
- How to install Joomla! 2.5 on localhost?
- How to create a Menu in Joomla! 1.5?