Want to learn the ABC's of website creation? Congrats! You just stumble upon one of the few tutorial sites that encourage you to get the facts before you create a website. Too many people rush into the creation process and make costly mistakes.
Reserving a domain name is easy and very cost friendly. You can register from $10/year for one domain name. It doesn't matter where you register your domain. Almost every registrar provides the same services. However, be careful because there may be other hidden fees and you will have trouble when moving your website to another host later.
This is the 1st step of creating a website. You cannot create a website without owning a domain name. It is the address and foundation of any website. A domain name makes up the address of your site and can end in .com, .net, .org, .info, .us, .biz, .tv and more....
Many people know from their own experience that it's not easy to install an Apache web server and it gets harder if you want to add MySQL, PHP and Perl. XAMPP is an easy to install Apache distribution containing MySQL, PHP and Perl. XAMPP is really very easy to install and to use - just download, extract and start.
- How to delete a database on localhost using phpMyAdmin?
- How to allow Registered Users submit an article/news on the Front Page
- How to Register a Domain Name?
- How to find HTTP Error 500 in joomla!
- How to create a database on localhost using phpMyAdmin?
- What is Localhost? How to create web server on localhost?
- How to add a module position in a Joomla 2.5 template
- How to create web server on localhost with WampServer?
- Joomla Folder Structure
- .htaccess in Joomla!