When I download a template including the quickstart package. What is the quickstart package? How to use it?
The quickstart package is basically a fully functional and customized Joomla! package containing components, modules, templates and plugins with all the configurations for first use.
Installation quickstart package will help you understand how to use templates and extensions to the same as the demo.
HOW TO INSTALL QUICKSTART PACKAGE:
- At first Download the desired template quickstart from our download section.
- Then Extract the zip package and transfer the content to your web server via FTP software, we recommend FileZilla.
- Now you need to set up the database for your Joomla installation.
- Go to your local or web- server and find PHPMyadmin
- Type in the database name you like for your MYSQL
- Create a user for the database
- In browser, type: www.yoursitename.com
- There is your fresh installer
- Choose your language click on Next
- Make sure all your server settings are green click on Next
- Joomla Licence click on Next
- Fill in the MYSQL database information you just created, host name, username and password and database name click on Next
- FTP Configuration Leave it as it is if you do not want to us FTP layer click on Next
- Type in your site name, email address and admin password to use in backend
- Important! Click on sample data click on Next
- Follow the massage: Completely remove the installation directory from your server
- Go to server and remove the installation file.
- Go to yoursitename and you are all set with a demo Joomla site.